Q. How do I fill out the Courier Pickup Form?
Access the Courier Pickup Form at http://kyvlcourier.ky.gov/.
Your library’s ID and password is your OCLC symbol. If you do not know your library’s OCLC symbol, check the KYVL Courier Schedule.
1. Click on the Login button to log in and access the welcome screen. You will see the
Welcome to the KYVL Courier / Pick-Up Records Form
Please decide whether you wish to open your previous form, or create a new one.
Open Previous Form - allows you to return to the most recent form and make changes.
Start New Form - accesses a new blank form.
Log-out – ends session
2. Unless you need to correct a previous form, ALWAYS click on the Start New Form button. On the new form, you will see that today’s date is automatically inserted, as is the name and address of your library. The date can be changed if desired.
3. In the field labeled Package ID No. enter the barcode number from a package.
4. Use the drop-down menu under Send To in order to choose the library to which you are sending the package. Libraries in the list are organized by OCLC symbol. If you are unfamiliar with the OCLC symbol of the receiving library, you can find this information in the KYVL Courier Schedule.
**NOTE: If a library is not listed in the drop-down menu, that library is not a participating member of the KYVL Courier Service, and you cannot use this service to send a package to that library. In these cases, you will need to determine another method of delivery, such as the US mail, UPS, etc.
5. Use the drop-down menu under to choose bag, box, tub, or other method of packaging.
6. In the # Items in Container field, enter the number of items being shipped in the container.
Use a separate line for each individual container being sent out in that day’s shipment.
**NOTE: Do not attempt to leave any fields blank. If you do not enter all information, you will not be allowed to proceed with the form.
7. Once you have entered information for all packages, click on Next in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
At the next screen you will be able to choose from several options.
Printable Pick-up Form – allows you to print pickup form for courier to sign and to keep for your records
Shipping Labels – allows you to print shipping labels to use on courier bags
Edit Most Recently Created Form – make changes to current shipment
Create New Pick-up Form – being a new form for a different shipment
Help - learn more about how to use these forms.
Log Out – ends session
8. If you are ready to print the form for shipment, click on Print Pick-Up Form. You will see the completed form on your screen. Don't forget to print a copy and change your print setting on your browser to landscape instead of portrait.
Click the back button on your browser to return to the previous menu.
9. Click on Shipping Labels to print shipping labels for each of the packages you have listed on your form. The receiving libraries’ addresses are automatically entered on the shipping labels.